Saturday, November 10, 2007

The reason behind my blog....

Since I love to write and noticed that blogs were becoming a mainstream avenue for communicating ideas, I thought I'd give this a try. I hope someone finds these writings useful, its ok if you don't since I will enjoy writing down some of my ideas anyway.

I am so lucky. It's a quiet Saturday, which is very unusual. I love to be on the go, so having a Saturday at home is kind of nice for a change. That being said, I did go out last night for dinner, went to religious services this morning and in a few hours I will be going to the Maryland- Boston College football game.
Last night I had a great time with my wife and a couple who I've known for many years but had never socialized with. They came into the restaurant just after we arrived, and we invited them to join us. We didn't know we were interfering with their 21st anniversary, but I think we all had a good time. Our youngest son and their oldest daughter graduated high school together and both are freshman at the University of Maryland. We drank some wine, laughed a lot and I had alot of fun. The only thing that bothered me was when another couple came up to the table and I went to introduce them to our friends, I drew a blank on their names. It still bothers me today. I think the theme of this blog will be while I have the best of intentions, and do many good things, I am far from perfect and beat myself up inside constantly for being so inperfect.
Anyway, back to why I am so lucky. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by people who love me and look out for me. My wife and sons are all so supportive, I hope I give them as much as they give me. And, the people in my work life have become so much a part of me. My senior executives, Jeff, Rick, Dave and now Gary, Ledia and Mark, give every ounce of themselves to our company. We have accomplished so much together and I think we all realize how much more we can do together. I know I can't mention everyone at work, but I really like just about everyone at work, and, while I think they like working for me, more importantly, I think they really like working at Saval. Hopefully, over the next days, weeks and years, I can give some insight into how I got to this place in my life and what I hope to accomplish in the future.